Let’s face it, we are living in stressful times. Whatever your current situation looks like, chances are you haven’t been able to avoid the current pandemic in one way or another. Whether it’s financial stress, having the kids home from school, or just trying to maintain social distancing in everyday life, you have probably felt more stressed than usual. Keeping a routine is the perfect antidote to leading a stressful life. Implementing a routine each day is beneficial for multiple reasons, which we will explore below.
- Routines give structure to the day when other factors can feel unpredictable, stressful, or uncertain.
- Having a structure to your day can help you feel in control and therefore empowered.
- Routines can improve your ability to focus, stay organized, and feel driven and motivated.
- Make sure to create space in your routine for self-care activities such as meditation, yoga, drawing, or playing an instrument. Carving out a bit of time each day to relax can be just as important as remember to follow through with your responsibilities.
- Routines make way for healthy habits. If you are trying to create a new healthy habit such as eating better or losing weight, having a routine can help you do it with more ease.
- Staying on top of a routine will mean that you have more time to do other things that you like to do, such as spending time with friends or family.
- Keeping a routine is good for your health for a multitude of reasons. On top of reducing stress levels, keeping your body on a routine will make it easier to fall asleep at night, properly digest food, and wake up fresh in the morning.
Keeping a Routine is Good for the Body & Mind
The key to having a good routine is to remember that not everything is in your control. During these stressful times we need to do what we can to remind ourselves that we are doing our best, and we can do this by treating our minds and bodies with kindness. Having a healthy routine is a way that you can give back to your body for all of its hard work.
Fitness Kitchen is Here for You
If part of your routine includes healthy eating, we can help you out with that. Check out our menu to see what we are cooking up.