The key to maintaining a healthy, strong body is in balancing exercise, sleep, and diet. Many people are having health questions and concerns right now in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Luckily there are many easy things that you can do to keep your body balanced and strong. Check out these home tips to boost your immunity.
- Get enough sleep – not enough sleep or poor sleep quality can put unwanted stress on your body and make you more susceptible to illness. Adults should aim to get at least 7 hours per night to keep their immune systems strong.
- Eat immune-boosting foods – stick to unprocessed foods that are packed with nutrients. Garlic, bananas, oranges, broccoli are some of the staples of a healthy, nutrient-rich diet. Seek out antioxidants by eating berries, carrots, and spinach.
- Exercise – doing at least 10 minutes of cardio per day will do wonders for your body. If you can do more, great! If you’re not used to working out, start by taking 10 minutes out of your day to do an at-home exercise such as jogging in place or jump-roping.
- Avoid stress, or manage it – the pandemic has added extra stress for many of us in our day-to-day lives. Make a practice of managing your stress by taking up meditation, drawing, or any other soothing activity that calms you down.
- Take supplements – talk to your doctor before taking any extra supplements. Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B6 are all crucial for a strong immune system.
- Use essential oils – eucalyptus, lavender, and tea tree oil all have health benefits. Lavender has a calming effect, while eucalyptus and tea tree have antiviral properties. Get an oil diffuser, put a few drops in the bath, or even wear some as a natural perfume.
Utilize all of these tips to boost your immunity! Fitness Kitchen LA is here for you, preparing immunity-boosting meals delivered to your door. Check out next week’s menu to see what we’re cooking up!