Summer is the perfect time of year to set some health and wellness goals. Great weather, access to plenty of fresh in-season crops, and motivation for your perfect swim suit bod are all good reasons to keep a healthy lifestyle during the summer. Here are 5 tips to help you maintain a healthy body this summer.
- Hydration is your best friend – drink more water than you think you need to. With summer comes extra outdoor activities and exposure to sunlight – it is crucial to stay hydrated in order for your body and brain to function properly.
- Eat the rainbow – mix up your meals by selecting a wide variety of fruits and vegetables to put on your plate. The more diverse your produce intake, the more well-rounded and healthy your body will be.
- Get outside – take a bike ride, hit the walking trails, or go for a swim. An active lifestyle combined with healthy food intake is the best way to ensure a healthy body.
- Get good rest – the average person needs between 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Find the balance that works for you and commit to a good night’s sleep each night.
- Relaxation – make sure you carve out some time in each day to do something that helps you relax. Whether it’s reading a book, taking a bath, or doing some sun-tanning.
The key to a healthy body is in the balance. A well-balanced lifestyle combining just the right amount of all of these tips will differ from person to person. Experiment and see what works for you! Try out Fitness Kitchen today, we can help you achieve your healthy summer bod goals!