One of the best things about living in SoCal is access to some of the freshest, most flavorful produce in the world. In the height of summer, there are plenty of crops to choose from to make delicious, produce-rich food. At Fitness Kitchen LA, we have access to local farms that allow us to bring you healthy, fresh meals. Want to try something yourself? Take a look at these tasty raw recipes from onegreenplanet.org.
- Raw Wraps: choose your favorite produce to roll up in these delicious seaweed wraps. Carrots, cucumbers, avocados, and zucchini are all good wrap contenders!
- Lemon Kale Chips: farm-fresh kale, zingy lemon, a little salt and pepper – what’s there not to love?
- Organic smoothies: the possibilities are endless. Choose your favorite non-dairy milk to keep it raw!
- Pickled-beet tacos: ever think that you could use a beet slice as a taco shell? Now you have!
- Ayurvedic Sauerkraut: homemade pickled cucumbers are the base of this delicious side, perfect to add to any meal.
- Portobello burgers: in our opinion, a staple of any summer diet. Spruce it up with your favorite toppings.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to experimenting with fresh, local, summer produce. This is the best time of the year to be eating raw recipes. And don’t worry – if you don’t feel like doing the cooking yourself, Fitness Kitchen LA has got your back! Check out or Freestyle menu to see what delicious produce we’re cooking up this week!